Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24 Email

Dear wonderful people! 

Well, this is it. This is the last email that you're going to get from me. I'm going to be home next week on Wednesday. So yeah, here's this past week.

Monday - Today was awesome! We saw Sue Jackson in the morning. She's doing well. We discussed repentance and forgiveness with her. It was really good. Then we went to Cambridge! I got to see Uncle Gerry and auntie Sue at their shop, Wen and Evelyn at their new home, the Westenskows at their home, and Paul and Carla at their home. I also got to show Elder Woolley the grand arcade, kings college, and a few other colleges. It was really fun. It was really nice to be able to see some of the old friends that I got to make while in Cambridge. It really is wonderful to see how I was able to have a good influence on some people on my mission. I guess it's these relationships that the lord speaks of when he says, "how great will be your joy!" Well, it was a great experience and I can't wait to come back in a few years and see how these people are progressing through life and the gospel.




Tuesday - Today was fun. We had interviews with president and sister Stevens in Ipswich today. We got there at 11:00 and didn't leave until 6:00. It was awesome. We had some trainings from the president and his wife and some of the other mission leaders. Then we had some of sister Stevens world famous brownies! They were awesome as always. Then we had our district meeting while president and sister Stevens interviewed us. After district meeting finished, we all got together to watch conference talks while president and sister Stevens finished up the interviews. Then we went home. After we got home, we went to stop by sister hall to see if Richard was in. He wasn't, but we're hopefully going to see him on Thursday. Then we went home for dinner.

Wednesday - Today was really good. We had a lesson with Gary in the morning. He's doing really well. He really wants to be baptized. We had to move his date to August, but he's still as good as ever. He also talked about how he has a burning in his chest when he reads the Book of Mormon. And to make it even better, no one has ever mentioned to him the the Holy Ghost brings that feeling when he's testifying of truth, so that's proof that he's feeling the Holy Ghost. So awesome! After the lesson, we went and mailed off some important letters. Then we went to the flat and ate lunch. After lunch we had companionship studies. After studies, we went finding in the town. We didn't find anybody, but we did meet quite a few nice people. That's always nice. Then we went back to the flat to change into our service clothes. Then we went to Witham so we could help finish oiling the Gough's decking, and also we removed a tree stump from their garden. Then they fed us dinner. It was delicious. Then we shared a lesson about Joseph smith, sharing the gospel, and the nature of God. Then we went back to the flat for gaps and call ins.

Thursday - today was fun. We saw Deborah in the morning. She's doing super well. We actually put her on date for the 28th of October, so that's pretty exciting. Then we went back to the flat and ate lunch. After lunch, we went finding. We tracted down that road that we met Shannon and Georgia on last Sunday. After that, we did companionship studies. Then we ate dinner. After dinner, we stopped by Richard, a less active person in the ward. He was home luckily, so we got to step in and have a chat. After that, we drove to the chapel for Bowles club. It was really fun. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. While we were at Bowles club, I moved my pictures from my iPad to my USB since I need to have my iPad cleared by the end of next week. So, after moving my pictures over and bowling like a champ, we went home. :)

Friday - Well, fun times today. We were supposed to see Gary in the morning, but he was in colchester, so we went back to the flat, did gaps, and ate lunch. After lunch we did our weekly planning. It took a long time. We finished around 3:45 in the afternoon. Then we did a very short companionship study. After that, we went to Witham to tract. We tracted one road, but no one was interested, then we tracted another road where no one was interested. But we did find lots of yummy berries and fruits and such. Then we were going to drive over and visit some less actives, but Elder Woolley hit the curb and popped our front left-hand tire. I also needed to go to the bathroom really bad, so we parked the car, ran to the nearest pub and I went to the toilet. After that, we went back to the car and we replaced the tire with a spare. Then we drove home, because we didn't want to drive too much more with a crappy spare tire. Then we ate dinner and my companion did call ins. All in all, not a bad day. :)

Saturday - Today was fun. We went to kwik fit in the morning to get the tire replaced. After that, we came back and did our personal studies. After personal studies, we went finding in the town. We met some nice people. After that, we went back to the flat to have lunch. After lunch, we stopped by a few less actives. Nobody was home, but I guess that's to be expected on an early Saturday afternoon. After that, we went to an appointment with our friend Philip. So, with Philip, we don't schedule the appointments, he does. So earlier this week he called us and said to come over on Saturday. So when we showed up, we found out that it was actually his son's birthday party. So that was fun. After that, we went to colchester for a baptism that the sisters were having. The person being baptized turned 9 on Thursday, so we showed up for a baptism/birthday party for him as well. Two birthday parties in one day. Double fun. After partying for a while, we went home. 

Sunday - Today was good! Every Sunday is good. We went to church. Deborah was there! That's was pretty cool! She enjoyed it. After church, I had to move some stuff from my iPad over to my iCloud, so I did that for a while. Then we went back to the flat to eat a bit of lunch. After that, we went to deliver the sacrament to the pews. After that, we went and saw Leona. She's doing well. We talked about becoming a desciple of Jesus Christ. After that, we went tracting. We met a cool guy while walking up on the road we were going to tract. We're seeing him and his family next Sunday. Then we tracted the road. We met this older couple who weren't interested in our message, but they love America and we talked to them for nearly 30 minutes. It was super fun. Then we went back home for dinner.

Well, now that I've gotten that bit over with, I'll give you a bit of a final report.

Well, after being out for 23 months and 4 days, I want to say that I've learned everything there is to know about everything, but I'm still learning. What I can say is that now that I'm coming to the end, I have really recognized the Lord's hand in this work. It is his work, and whether or not we try to help, it will go on. So, make the better choice! Choose to help! God supports his helpers. I know this work is true, and it has brought more happiness to me and many, many others, more than we could have ever expected. I encourage all of you reading this to remember the one who directs this work. Look to him, do his will, and you will be better. 

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Warburton

No comments:

Post a Comment